- Competitive pay and benefits
- Florida Retirement System
- Take home car policy
- Educational assistance
- Unified Specialized Units (Special Response Teams)
- Methamphetamine Clandestine Response Team – Meth Team
- Tactical Flight Officer -TFO
- Explosive Ordinance Response Team – EOD
- Unified in-service training – St Johns Sheriff’s Office
- Comp time and overtime available
- Advanced training opportunities
- Full dry cleaning allowance
- All uniforms and equipment provided
The St. Augustine Beach Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not currently hiring for sworn positions but will accept applications for future employment.
We are currently hiring non-sworn positions.
The City of St. Augustine Beach Police Department is currently accepting applications until 5pm on 1/31/2017 for an administrative assistant (non-sworn) starting pay $30,170. Prior to employment the employee will undergo and must successfully pass a thorough police background investigation, which will include a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, drug screen and a physical examination. Applicants must have a High school diploma or equivalent, associate’s degree preferred or minimum of two (2) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, a valid Florida driver’s license, the ability to obtain certain special certifications i.e., NCIC/FCIC, DAVID and other government controlled databases. The ability to operate and maintain applicable computer programs in the records management system and law enforcement reporting software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and other specific programs. The ability to type at a minimum 50 words per minute. Applications can be picked up at the St. Augustine Beach Police Department during normal business hours or downloaded from the City of St. Augustine Beach website; www.staugbch.com or the St. Augustine Beach Police Department website; www.sabpd.org The St. Augustine Beach Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill out an application here.